January 8, 2021
With the New Year finally here, many are setting goals for themselves or making New Year’s resolutions. Having trouble deciding what goals or resolutions you want to make for yourself in 2021? Here are a few examples to help you get started:
- Designate a period of time during the day to be electronics-free
- Listen to a new podcast or audiobook. A few recommendations are linked here:
- Increase your productivity. Make a schedule for yourself each day with specific tasks that you need to complete
- Get active! Ideas on ways to stay active in quarantine are linked here.
- Volunteer! We’ve listed a few ways for you to get involved: Look for opportunities to donate time within your church, find ways to volunteer in your community and support your local sports team
When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, it’s often difficult to hold yourself accountable for the entire year. Here are a few ways to stay on track with the goals you’ve set for yourself this year:
- Take it one step at a time. If you have a major goal that you’d like to achieve, break it down into steps. This can help you avoid being overwhelmed at the start of the year and make your goal more manageable and attainable
- Use a checklist or record your progress in a notebook. It’s often beneficial to take note of the progress you’ve made in reaching your goal, which can serve to keep you motivated
- Choose an accountability partner. Make similar goals with your friends or family and hold yourselves accountable throughout the year. Designate specific days to check in to keep each other moving in the right direction
Although many resolutions are forgotten by the end of the year, make this year different! Many of these ideas can help keep you motivated throughout the year and will help you achieve your goals.